I have a bit of an addiction … a fashion addiction, that is.
You see, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE anything from the Southwest: A great pair of cowboy boots, jeans with a fabulous concho belt, a crisp white shirt, and, of course, as much turquoise as possible! However, I also LOVE:
- The classics: A Chanel 2.55 handbag and Hermès enameled bracelets. Gucci belts, Fendi eyewear and Louis Vuitton travel accessories. Doesn’t everyone?
- Wearing items purchased on my travels with my husband: Often, the least expensive items from a trip are the most notable. I have a cool, rockin’ belt from Peru and some sweet slippers from France. All items I love without breaking the travel bank.
- Mixing inexpensive, trendy items with designer pieces: Jeans and tees from Forever 21 with a Stella McCartney jacket, a pair of Target jeggings complimented by a Tory Burch tunic, Topshop dresses with Diane von Furstenberg shoes– great examples of how to make these different price points work together.
- Shopping online: I really am somewhat of a “Cheap-O” and I am always looking for the best prices online (also known as a “sale stalker”). Because there are many national stores without brick-and-mortar in New Mexico, online shopping opens up a huge, new world.
- Resale and vintage stores: This is all about “the deal”! I’ve scored a Gucci bag for $22, a Burberry metallic jacket for $65, and a vest that Kim Cattrall (apparently) wore during her role as Samantha Jones on Sex and the City for $17. I buy vintage shirts just for the buttons and vintage necklaces simply for the clasp or beads. You just have to take your time and HUNT!
- Shopping locally: It’s important for all of us to support local businesses. My obsessions can often be fulfilled simply by driving just a few miles.
- Clothing swaps with girlfriends: Need I say more? Swap out the clothes and accessories you no longer wear (or “won” on eBay after 2 glasses of wine) for something new and exciting. Of course, do this with your most fashionable girlfriends.