For those of you who try to eat a gluten-free diet, this post is for you. Most of us know that gluten is found in grains such as wheat, barley, rye, and in a cross between wheat and rye called triticale. There are other grains and more foods, as well as oodles of other products on the market, where gluten sometimes lurks.
CRA-ZEEEE places! Like in some pickles, bleu cheese, soy sauce, vitamin supplements AND your beauty products, just to name a few. Whaa?
As someone who does try to eat a gluten-free diet, I often forget that some products you put on your skin can actually contain gluten. While experts differ as to whether or not gluten can be absorbed through the skin, most agree that it simply depends on the person. This all being said, you DO have a skincare option ~
Say Hello to derma e®.
You’re probably already familiar with derma e® as their products are sold in major retailers across the country, but did you know that their natural skincare line is entirely gluten free, vegan, and cruelty free? derma e® is ideal if you have skin sensitivities, allergies, and/or are simply looking to compliment your gluten-free lifestyle.
You also may not know that derma e® offers you a skincare evaluation that can help you determine which products are best based on your skincare needs, they have an awesome reward program AND … here’s my fave since I now do everything via my cell phone…
… derma e® has great sales and specials that you can immediately be alerted to by text. (Just text 56955 to your cell.) Yay ~ I’ll always be the first to know! … snicker.
I recently took the evaluation and received a list of recommended products based on how I answered the questions. Shockingly, the words age-defying, damaged and anti-wrinkle were noted on all the products. 😩 😥 😭
Taking the hint, I decided to try out the following 4 products and am sharing a few reasons as to why I’m enjoying them:
Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate Crème
* Can be used morning and evening and under makeup.
* Helps to diminish fine lines and wrinkles and contains a high potency of Vitamin A (10,000 I.U.)
* The price. It rocks.
Deep Wrinkle Peptide Serum
* Fills and smoothes the appearance of deeper wrinkles.
* Helps to prevent new lines and wrinkles from forming.
* Contains two super-hero peptides that help to relax the facial muscles … naturally.
Skin, Hair and Nail Oil
* Contains organic organ, jojoba and kook oils.
* Helps fortify your hair by boosting shine, softness and helps to tame frizz.
* Conditions dry, brittle nails and cuticles. Absorbs easily into skin and penetrates deeply.
And the product I am enjoying the most …
the Deep Wrinkle Peptide Moisturizer.
* Enriched with anti-aging antioxidants Pycnogenol®, Vitamin C and Green Tea.
* Helps reduce the look of wrinkles, visibly improve skin’s resilience, tone and texture, and prevent future damage.
* I use it at night and when I wake up my face feels super-y SOFT!
Fun News: If you think that derma e® sounds like your kind of skincare program, then use code ICANTWHEAT and you will receive 25% off your order. (*expires 11/20/15). ALSO, derma e® is currently hosting a giveaway now through September 30, 2105. One lucky winner will receive a $150 gift certificate from derma e® and 1,000 runner-up winners will receive a derma e® gluten-free sampler kit.
So, similar to the lottery … you’ll never get a change to win unless you enter. To enter, just click here. Good Luck, Everyone!
*** Thank you to BrandBacker and derma e® for sponsoring this post. I was gifted these 4 products to try and these are my honest opinions.